Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/Churchs
When it’s too hot or too cold outside, the last thing you want to do is to listen to a few styling tips you probably aren’t even interested in in the first place. Heck, it doesn’t even have to do with the weather, you would just rather slip into the first pair of jeans you see, a comfy tee and go about your day. We totally get it. Except it’s not always as visually attractive as you think it would be.
Now on the off-chance you actually are inclined to take into consideration a few tips and tricks from here and there, we’ve got just the thing for you. And if you’re not, well you’re already here so you might as well just scroll down and read. So if you’re thinking “no one cares about the clothes I’m wearing”, you’re wrong. We, human beings, are naturally programmed to judge a book by its cover. I myself have judged plenty of men based on the shoes they’re wearing and let me tell you, it hasn’t been the prettiest of sights. That said, there are many ways to remedy that and here’s what you can do:
- Making yourself look sharper is actually rather easy for men. Step 1 is to sort out your wardrobe with a pile that says “here to stay” and another pile you haven’t worn for years that says “Adios”.
- Once you get that done, make sure the existing pile contains clothes that are well-adjusted to your body. Large Eminem-y tees are out, but so are super tight clothes.
- Keep in mind that Dad jeans are never a good idea. Even when they were “in”. Clothes that fit are always your best option.
- Always get your suits tailored, even when you think they look just fine.
- Shoes are the single most important accessory you’ll ever need to buy, so make sure they’re worth every penny you’re spending. Go for sneaks, brogues and loafers.
- Don’t mistake Gym clothes for everyday-clothes. They’re not.
- Black and brown are not the only colors available. Brighten your wardrobe with beige-y hues, white tones and brighter colors such as soft pink, yellows and blues.
- It’s definitely okay to wear patterns. Don’t be afraid to explore florals, stripes or even psychedelic patterns.
- Keep your wardrobe up-to-date by always buying staple pieces at the beginning of each season.
Article Written by Cindy Menassa