Cover Photo Courtesy of Children's Salon
As summer comes to an end and school is just around the corner, it’s time to make some changes. It’s all fun and games until you start feeling the pressure this transition brings with it. However, trust us, it doesn’t have to be this hard. A few tips and tricks are all what it takes to make things way smoother for your children, and of course we’re here to pass them to you.
- Associate their school memory with good and fun moments so they will always have in mind it’s a nice place and safe environment.
- Introduce seated activities to get them used again to sitting for longer periods – especially after an eventful summer. You can start by 10 min intervals and increase the time as needed.
- You might loosen things up during summer but it’s very important to fix their sleep schedule ahead or else they will have a lot of trouble waking up in the morning when the time comes.
- A revision is always a good idea to set the mood that soon they will have to study more regularly. This step can be so fun in the form of word games or any other intellectual activity.
- Get them familiar with their books, bag and school stuff.
- Prepare a homework station. Make it enjoyable and appealing, and of course let them add their touches.
- Help your children visualize their school environment – maybe pay the school a visit if it’s possible or simply look up pictures of it especially if they’re first timers so they will know what to expect.
Article Written by Gabrielle El Kosseifi