When you lead a busy life, nothing can do you good more than some “Me” time, a few hours that you spend alone and breathe. Stress is the enemy – whether to your body or to your mind – and the only way to reduce it is by doing activities that you love. With this in mind, here are some ways to spend your day – or days – off!
- Take a long bath while listening to your favorite music: this one might seem like a dream that would never come true but hey, now that you’re home alone for this day, prepare your bath tub, pour in some flower petals and some lavender essential oil and play your favorite jams. Both your body and mind will thank you for this heavenly hour!
- Plan a solo day trip: if you’re in the mood for doing something really special, put on a casual outfit and get in that car. This time you won’t be heading to the office, but to a faraway place that you love, where you will order a delicious takeout meal from a restaurant and enjoy it in your car with a view.
- Take a nap: yes, it might have been a long time since you took one but now that you’re treating yourself, make it long so that your body gets its well-deserved rest and is fills with energy.
- Read a book: as much as this tip might sound ordinary, reading is essential for the mind. And if you’re a bookworm yourself, indulge in one of those books that you’ve been trying so hard to find the time to read!
- Declutter: one can never underestimate the relief that we feel when we reorganize our stuff. Getting rid of the things that you don’t need anymore, reorganizing what’s remaining and finding places for the new ones is the best treatment for the mind and soul.
Article Written by Mirella Haddad