Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/ounass
Fasting from sunrise to sunset is not a piece of cake. And to maintain your wellness, you have to go the extra mile and make sure the changes occurring to your lifestyle are efficient to take you through the Holy Month of Ramadan. So, here are some tips to help you achieve this mission successfully!
- Do not in any circumstance skip Suhoor. Although sleeping for longer might sound tempting, your body needs to rely on this meal in order to get the nutrients it needs until the next one. In addition, this will lead you to overeat at Iftar, which results in unhealthy weight gain – and that’s certainly not the desired goal.
- Make sure your Iftar is a well-balanced and nutritious meal, not a high-fat feast that may result in indigestion.
- Avoid consuming fried, salty, and high-sugar foods. There is no doubt that this kind of food makes you feel good in the short term, but they surely make your next fasting day harder. In fact, they will increase your thirst, cause fatigue and indigestion, and ultimately result in weight gain.
- Avoid consuming caffeinated drinks. Replace them with green tea, lemon water, and healthy smoothies – which won’t cause fluid loss and dehydration.
- Don’t skip your workout. Schedule your session at a time when your energy is at its highest level, which in this case is two to three hours after your Iftar as by then, your body would have properly digested its meal.
- Last but not least, drink plenty of water! Water is key to keeping your body hydrated, and 8 to 12 cups should be enough to take you through your fasting day!
Article Written by Mirella Haddad