Don’t let what’s happening bring you down! Keep yourself hopeful and don’t stress yourself out because one way or another, you ARE going to have that perfect wedding day, in the perfect fairytale dress and the perfect story to tell. But let’s not omit the fact that as a bride, your sanity might face a few challenges as the big day approaches. Well, you’re not the only one and truth be told, it’s a tale as old as time.
Think about it…not only do you have to worry about looking fabulous on your wedding day, but you also have to worry about every single step along the way – from picking the wedding planner to picking your bridal gown, making all the tiny decisions and everything in between until the very big day. To top it all off, you have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, going to hell and back to please your guests. You just have to remember one thing: it is your day and your day alone – well and the groom’s too but, really, it’s yours. So instead of making your life look and sound like hell, start by thinking of your own sanity and well-being. To help you out during this tiring process, we’ve scoured some tried-and-tested tips to keep you from going coocoo as you prepare for the big day to come.
- Don’t lose sight of the bigger picture. Of all the wedding stressors out there, perhaps one of the biggest ones is looking perfect as you please your guests. It wouldn’t hurt to remind yourself that you’re actually doing this as a celebration of love with your soulmate – not for other people.
- Every bride-to-be needs a little time for herself. That said, take a little step back to appreciate all the things that have happened in the past year and channel this positive attitude towards your regeneration. Do all the things you never had time to do and let it be a year to remember.
- If you want to put your mind at ease, then maybe you should plan the steps down to every detail. That way, you’ll have a more detailed approach towards your wedding day and you won’t have to worry about forgetting something.
- It is perfectly okay to ask for help. And that’s what your maid-of-honor and bridesmaids are here for. Don’t be afraid to delegate some tasks – maybe not the biggest ones, but the more approachable ones.
- Don’t forget why you’re doing this: to be with the man you love. So allocate some time for you and the groom-to-be to make it all worth the wait.
Article Written by Cindy Menassa