Cover Photo Courtesy of Ounass
Ramadan is about to start and with the temperature rising, the least you can do is make sure to keep your skin healthy and radiant through this Holy month. We all know that this period of the year gives us the opportunity to detox our body and honor it with healthy eating habits. So, why not treat our skin with the same as long as we have the chance to do so?
A simple yet efficient routine, in addition to a few habits, are more than enough to change your idea of skincare not only during this month, but also forever. Here are a few tips that will help you!
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water between Iftar and Suhoor. This will keep your skin hydrated especially if you infuse your water with fruits like berries, orange, lemon, mint and pineapple – to name a few.
- Avoid over-washing your face. Since your skin is most probably dehydrated due to fasting, washing your face frequently might make things worse. Instead, use a cooled face spray every now and then.
- Sunscreen is essential on normal days, so imagine how crucial it is to use some when your skin is dehydrated.
- Treat your face with a mask once or twice a week, after exfoliating it of course!
- Moisturize your skin and let the cream do the task of water while you’re fasting. Also, don’t hesitate to opt for a heavier moisturizer if needed during this month. You just have to listen to your skin on this matter!
Article Written by Mirella Haddad