Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/Mrporter
Many of you might be thinking “Mistakes? What mistakes?”. Well gents, if these thoughts have come to your mind, than odds are you are making a couple of mistakes here and there. But that’s not a problem as long as you keep in mind that fixing them can go a long way.
The thing is, men’s style mistakes are much less obvious than those of women – from wearing transparent bra straps with strapless tops to wearing tunics on top of jeans and so much more. With that in mind, a lot of men actually go wrong when styling their clothes – or not styling them, for that matter. So what are the most common mistakes men are making when dressing up? Here are some of the most cringe-worthy and obvious ones…
- Thinking that tight clothes will make them look thinner. Abort mission. If it’s accentuating your man boobs, then it’s a size smaller than what you should be wearing.
- Thinking that oversized clothing a la Eminem is still in. It’s not and somewhere in the world, a rapper from the 90’s is looking for his clothes.
- Doing up all the buttons of a shirt. How will you ever breathe?
- Not doing up enough buttons. Don’t forget, people don’t want to stare at your chest hair!
- Wearing trousers that are too short or too long. The thing is, once you buy a suit, you should definitely get it tailored to your own measurements.
- Tucking in a casual tee. We’re not in an 80s Connecticut country club!
- Allowing anyone to see your underwear. It wasn’t attractive back then and it’s not attractive now.
- Wearing something shiny or sparkly – unless you’re wearing patent brogues with your tuxedo, then please, NO!
- Thinking that going overboard with accessories can elevate a look. It can’t, it won’t, and don’t try to make it happen.
If you’re looking for a few style-related tips, just click here!
Article Written by Cindy Menassa