Summer is that time of the year where your skin gets sun-kissed until it takes that priceless and wonderful golden color. However, this tan won’t last forever and you should be prepared emotionally to bid it farewell. That said, it’s still too early to talk about this, so let’s find you a way to make it last longer!
- Moisturizing is essential for all your skin problems – and for making your tan last longer as well! For desirable results, opt for body butters and silky oils that will really nourish your skin. After-sun creams are also a miraculous way to hydrate your sun-exposed skin on a daily basis.
- While a peal is very important before tanning, it’s something you should avoid after you get a tan to make it last for a longer time. In fact, if you do decide to go for a peal, bear in mind that it will strip your skin of its sun-kissed glow!
- Avoid using extremely hot water while showering, because the latter will strip your skin from its natural oils which causes it to dry out.
- To keep your skin supple and well hydrated, use a moisturizing shower cream.
- Drink water to keep your body – and skin – hydrated.
- If you feel like your tanned skin lost its glow, lend it a helping hand by using an illuminating body lotion or oil. Such a great and easy way to give it a boost of radiance!
- Make sure you tan gradually. Don’t expose yourself to sun for a whole day, as a lot of sun exposure will cause great damage to your skin. Be patient, beauty is not easy to achieve so plan for a 1-hour tanning every other day and indulge in the final result!
Article Written by Mirella Haddad