Let’s Get Honeymoon Packing!
As a bride, you’ve worked relentlessly to prepare for the big day; from picking out the venue to organizing every little detail with the wedding planner and finally, choosing the wedding gown. But now that it’s all over, you’re feeling kind of blue.
The silver lining here is that you get to move on to our favorite part: the honeymoon! Assuming you’ve already picked the perfect destination for you and your other half, it’s now time to think about the matter of packing. Now let’s be completely honest here; us women are biologically programmed to over-pack; there’s no way around it. But there are many ways to remedy this – and the first one would be to accept the fact that we have never travelled light. So in order to make your life – and that of your husband’s – easier, we’ve prepared a few guidelines to have you packing rationally.
- We know for a fact that the wedding has left you with little energy – and nerves – to even think about packing, but that’s where The List comes in. Before all the wedding shenanigans, make sure you prepare a list of all the things you really need to take with you on your honeymoon and share it with your partner. You might be able to share one suitcase!
- Let your destination guide you. If you’re going to a beach destination, then a couple of swimsuits, some shorts and lightweight dresses are more than enough. If you’re going to a cosmopolitan city, then you might have to pack more options.
- Be rational and reasonable. No, you won’t be needing that top you haven’t worn in 5 years. And no, you won’t be needing that wide-brimmed hat. Stick to what you need.
- Always check the weather of your destination while packing.
- Allot your options between daywear and nightwear. That way, you’ll be able to think more clearly.
- Don’t over-pack shoes. We know you already did. But on the off-chance you didn’t, pack only your essentials, such as trainers, a pair of comfortable heels and maybe some sandals.
- Pack two bags; one for your daytime outings and another one for the night.