Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/Netaporter
When you actually have to wake up at the crack of dawn to head to work, the last thing you want to do is to take care of your look before heading to the office. We totally get it. Only this issue in particular represents your image, in front of your colleagues and more importantly your boss. Look at it this way – just like you yourself judge people by the way they look and dress, others will do the same to you whether you want it or not. Now we’re not saying you should dress to the nines and wear the ultimate outfit to the office, but a little style from here and class from there will get you a long way.
And since January is your chance to start anew, we’ve decided to share with you some style hacks to keep your work-outfits on point! Here are a few tips to keep in mind when dressing for work – yes, you could totally be the stylish coworker!
- Dress in a style that’s comfortable for you, but not so much so that you feel it’s okay to wear sweatpants. Don’t wear something that’s too tight either so you don’t feel like you want to kill yourself for the rest of the day. In other words, make sure you’re okay with what you’re wearing, but still verging towards the fashionable.
- Suits are in – just do it in a more colorful way. Whether you work in a corporate office or not, suits can brighten up your day, especially if you choose them in an array of lovely pastel colors.
- Know your office’s culture and dresscode. If it’s a laid-back space, then feel free to don a pair of jeans and some sneakers. But if it’s more on the corporate side, then you should stick to classic and elegant ensembles.
- If you’re working in the fashion industry, then you probably already have a flair for fashion. So we’ll stop right here.
- Our last tip is to add a pair of kitten heels to your look. It’s actually something that will add style to your silhouette, without making you feel uncomfortable.
Article Written by Cindy Menassa