Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/Buffalolondon
We’re all constantly and continuously thinking about all the different ways to style our accessories, from the shoes to the bags and everything in between. But since we’re talking about shoes here, might as well bring up the contestants that have been filling up our hearts with nothing less than style and glam. Yes, we’re talking about chunky sneaks – you know, the ones that were inspired from the nineties’ dad sneakers. Nearly two years ago, these sneaks saw a big surge in popularity both on and off the runway, filling up the streets with an urban kind of style – one that we’ve all been longing for quite some time now. Designers and Fashion Houses such as Balenciaga, Off-White, Fendi, Gucci, Miu Miu and more have all been spoiling us with a myriad of styles and colors – all of which reinterpret the chunky sneaks in personalized ways. And so the only question for us is: how will we ever style them the right way?
So ladies, sit back, relax and allow us to take you through these simple styling tricks.
- Sneakers are no longer associated with sportswear. You can now freely and tastefully wear them with a little flirty dress and create a wonderful contrast while doing so.
- Chunky sneaks already make quiet the statement on their own. So what you need to do here is make sure that your outfit is a bit more on the girly side. Go for skinny jeans and oversized blazer for instance as to keep in line with the spirit of the outfit.
- Cyclist shorts are all the rage right now. So show off your legs with these beauties and throw on a pair of chunky sneaks to seal the deal.
- If you’re looking for a way to tone down the bold finish of chunky sneakers, pair them with a pair of wide-legged trousers and a tucked-in graphic tee. Did someone say bohemian chic?
- Don’t forget about shorty shorts! Get yourself some high-waisted shorts, a funky tee and you’ll look as stylish as ever.
Article Written by Cindy Menassa