How to Dress Fashionably for the Office… When it’s Piping Hot
We all know a thing or two about the heatwave struggle, especially in the Gulf region – hello long summer! And it’s during that exact same season that we all just want to be dipping our toes into the “Lazy pool”. But when reality sets in, we’re all bound to think of better ways to make these super-hot days a lot less exhausting. Granted, it’s easier said than done, especially when you have to head to your 9-to-5 job every morning, but it’s completely doable!
The good thing about summer outfits is that they can brighten up your day with no effort – think pop colors, funky patterns and more revealing cuts. That said, how will you ever withstand the heat…..with style? Below, we’ve scoured a few tips and tricks to help you get through the warm season in sheer elegance.
- You hear summer, we hear colors. The sunny season is the perfect occasion to drench yourself in the fabulousness that is the summer color palette. So instead of going for dark tones, bask in the beauty of light colors and show off your sense of style by mixing and matching all kinds of prints, from stripes, to polka dots, floral patterns and so much more.
- Warmer weather doesn’t necessarily mean less clothes – at least not for the office, that is. What you need here is office-appropriate clothes that are light enough to get you through the hot weather but modest and stylish enough not to leave you with a dress-code warning.
- A printed sleeveless suit is all you need to show that you’re fashionably serious. You’ll equally look professional and stylish when donning one, and most importantly, you’ll be able to sustain the heat while doing so.
- Turn heads with a modest midi dress and make sure you don’t flaunt your cleavage. Your best bet here is to pick the dress that shows off your shoulders and doesn’t have a deep-V neckline.
- Sandals may not be your best option, but sling-back kitten heels are definitely the wisest ones!
- The midi-skirt is your best friend. Pair it with a logo tee, a blouse or any refreshing item and you’re golden!
Article Written by Cindy Menassa