Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/clarinsmiddleeast
Masks are beauty wonders that have so many benefits and can improve your skin in so many ways. And like every procedure in the beauty world, there are specific steps to follow in order to maximize its benefits. So, get your favorite skincare products ready, and let’s get to it!
- Start off by cleaning your skin. This will help prepare it to absorb the nutrients and active ingredients from the mask and therefore maximize its effectiveness.
- Next up, gently pat dry your skin and apply your mask. Whether it’s a sheet mask or a spreadable one, follow the instructions provided by your dermatologist or by the leaflet of the skincare product you’re using. And here’s a tip that applies to all kinds of masks: avoid your eyes and lips.
- Unless you’re using an overnight mask, the one you’re using should not be worn for more than 20 minutes. This way, you will avoid drying out your skin instead of taking care of it.
- Now it’s time to remove your mask. If you’re opting for a rinse-off one, use your fingers and lukewarm water to gently rub the mask off your face then pat it dry. For a sheet or a peel-off mask, gently peel it from your face, and since there is no need to rinse it off, proceed with the rest of your skincare routine.
- Now that the mask is off, you should moisturize your skin while it’s still damp. Using a moisturizer designed for your skin type, apply a thin layer to keep your skin hydrated and maximize the effectiveness of your mask.
Article Written by Mirella Haddad