Cover Photo Courtesy of Instagram.com/shiseido
As popular as laser hair removal has become, it’s a bit tricky to prepare for your session and ensure you get the best results. Therefore, we will achieve this task for you and guide you through it all step by step.
- First things first, do your research. In fact, there are different kinds of laser machines and you should find the one that is right for you. Speaking of choices, you should also choose someone with experience.
- Avoid getting exposed to the sun before your treatment, as laser hair removal targets the pigment of the hair. So, by getting exposed to the sun, your hair pigment will get darker – which will make the session less effective. It is also very important to avoid any exposure to direct sunlight after your session for at least 24 hours.
- Exfoliate the area that you will be treating in your laser session. This will actually help remove the dead skin cells that can block the laser light from reaching the targeted hair follicles.
- Avoid any type of hair removal that can interrupt the active hair growth phase – think waxing, plucking and tweezing.
- As always, drinking a lot of water is always essential. How can this help make your laser hair removal session more effective? In fact, this will help keep your skin hydrated before laser light makes it dry, thus reducing the chance of irritation.
- Avoid consuming caffeine and alcohol in order to avoid dehydration. Doing so will also avoid interrupting the hair growth cycle.
- Now that your session is over, you should also plan your next one. Book it 4 to 6 weeks after this one to ensure the best results.
- Always remember that an experienced person is always right. Therefore, it is very important to follow their aftercare instructions religiously!
Article Written by Mirella Haddad