Surrounded by the stress and buzz of our daily life, we are always looking for what makes us happier and more comfortable in our free time. We know that feeling happy is not only about doing what we love, but the latter has a big role in filling us with this joy. With this in mind, it comes as no surprise that we plan activities that add joy to our day when we get the chance.
As women, there are a lot of activities that we enjoy alone after a week of hard work – whether at the office or at home with the kids and family. Here are some of our favorites:
- Shopping is certainly one of the things that we love, and it’s even better when we get to visit the mall alone and take all the time we need to look for everything we need, and let’s not kid ourselves, everything we don’t need.
- Tanning comes next. The Gulf is one of the best places to tan. With the sun shining so bright, all we need is a cold, refreshing mocktail, a hat, some sunscreen and some tanning products to get a peaceful day at the beach.
- Going alone on a road trip is one of my personal favorites. Driving faraway and thinking about what makes us happy while listening to some great tunes is the best stress treatment of all.
- Baking a delish dessert just for yourself is one of the best things you could ever do on a much-needed day off. Yes, you really deserve this cheat meal!
- Reading a book that you bought a while ago is also a way to make yourself happier. In fact, reading is a great way to relieve stress.
- Booking a spa day should also be on this list too. What’s better than a massage, a manicure, a pedicure and a facial to make us feel happier?
Article Written by Mirella Haddad